What the Yacht? 8 Things You Should Check Out Before Your Yacht Charter
A yacht charter truly has something to appeal to everyone. Whether you have experience with yacht charters or are considering your first yachting experience, a luxury yacht charter provides one of the most unforgettable way to spend quality time with friends and family. These yacht charter tips will get you schooled up and ready to set sail!
Planning a romantic honeymoon? Yacht charters offer an ideal way to explore exclusive destinations around the world.
Planning a family vacation? A yacht charter can get you off the beaten path and away from the masses!
Donâ€™t shy away from a yacht charter: HereÂ are the yacht charter tips you needÂ before you set sail.
- What the yacht?Â Wondering if there is a difference between a mega yacht and a luxury motor yacht? Why yes, in fact, there is. Mega yachts offer state-of-the-art comforts, high end amenities and luxurious surroundings. They can accommodate up to twelve guests. If you are looking to be treated like royalty, go mega.
While mega yachts deliver the royal treatment, luxury motor yachts are the real deal in terms of variety. Luxury motor yachts are available in a wide range of shapes and sizes and are by far one of the most versatile yachting options available.
- Uhm, but do I need a motorized yacht?Â Both motorized and sailing yachts offer similar conveniences. However, with a sailing yacht you will have a bit more work to do. If itâ€™s windy out and youâ€™re an experienced sailor, you will enjoy exerting your skills and flaunting your mad sailing abilities in front of your less experienced friends. Â Alternately you can take the sails down. Or, you know, opt for the motor.
- Is bareboating for me?Â Whether you opt for a captained vessel or a bareboat yachting experience depends mostly on personal preference. Going with a captain means you probably wonâ€™t be doing much of the sailing yourself. This frees you up to enjoy boat side snorkeling and diving, capturing the perfect sunset (or selfie!), or simply kicking back and enjoying the breeze.If you opt for a bareboat charter, you are the captain and your friends and family are the crew. This means that you are responsible for operating and navigating the boat. This also means you have complete freedom to do exactly as you wish. With a bareboat charter, itâ€™s as if you own the boat rental for a day (or a week)!
- Ready, set, sail. So where to?Â Are you looking to mingle with the locals or find a solitary bay that you can have all to yourself? If youâ€™re looking for the action, seek out the most popular boating hot spots and destinations, such as the Florida Keys, the Bahamas and the Caribbean. Or simply find the hottest lake, bay, sandbar or body of water near you. Follow the salt (or freshwater!) trail. The party shouldnâ€™t be too hard to find. If youâ€™re looking for something a little more remote, plan ahead and consider the season before choosing a destination. Keep cool and maybe the party goers wonâ€™t find you.
- There IS a boat for YOUÂ There are boats for every budget. Boat rentals offer an affordable way to get out on the water. Whether youâ€™re looking to go all out celebrity-style on a glamorous mega yacht or embark on a more budget-conscious journey, there is a boating adventure waiting for you. Remember to account for food, fuel and port charges when considering your total spend.
- Itâ€™s totally OK to change directionÂ This isnâ€™t a cruise ship. Youâ€™re not stuck on anyone elseâ€™s schedule. Your journey is completely your own, so feel free to customize and make changes as you see fit. Just remember to return your boat rental in a timely manner as agreed upon with your charter.
- But I donâ€™t want to go home yetÂ Thatâ€™s cool. We understand what itâ€™s like to want to live on a boat. While you canâ€™t actually move permanently into your boat rental (sorry, weâ€™ll need that boat back eventually!), you can negotiate an option to potentially extend your stay when making your booking arrangements. In many cases, youâ€™ll have a date by which you will need to decide. Once the deadline arrives, you can make final arrangements to extend your stay and enjoy cruising a bit longer.
- Nothing compares toâ€¦a yacht charter vacationÂ I know what youâ€™re thinkingâ€”so weâ€™re a little biased. But seriously, nothing feeds your sense of adventure like a yacht charter vacation. Explore private beaches and secluded coves, experience breathtaking sunsets, enjoy island rhythms and spend star filled nights out on the ocean. Yacht chartering truly offers the experience of a lifetime.
So now that you’ve studied your yacht charter tips, letâ€™s go yachting! Reserve your yacht charter today with Boatsetter, the #1 boat rental community. Boatsetter has thousands of boats of all sizes and styles available to help you embark on the ultimate yachting adventure.
Book now – donâ€™t keep your yachting adventure waiting!