Top Boat Parades to Kick Off the 2015 Holiday Season
It’s that time of year again! While some are watching the first fallen snow ice up on the car windshield and keeping their extremities warm with double layers of scarves and winter jackets, those of us lucky enough to live in warmer climates are gearing up for the holiday season and the annual boat parades that sparkle along our waterways.
If you fall into the category of “lucky” and are planning this year’s boat parade itinerary, here’s a thought for your further consideration:Â boat rentals are hands down the best way to be a spectator at your local boat parade…but hurry this secret’s out and the prime seats (from the bow of your private boat rental) are going fast.
While we’re planning for all the fun, check out this list of some of the top boat parades. Enjoy your parade viewing!
- Newport Beach Boat Parade – On December 16-20 the waters surrounding Newport Beach will come to “light” during the 107th Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade. Over a million parade-goers will look on as the parade of decorated vessels ranging from yachts to kayaks that cruise from Bay Island and on through Newport Harbor.
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade – Known as the Greatest Show on H2O, the Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade started back in 1971. The boat parade makes its sparkling progression down 12 miles of South Florida’s Intracoastal Waterways this December 12th and is noted as one of the top 20 parades in the whole country.
- Boca Raton Boat Parade – Boats decorated with holiday decor ranging from 10 feet to over 100 feet will sprinkle the Intracoastal Waterway launching from the Boca – Delray Line and ending near the Hillsboro Inlet during the 39th Annual Boca Raton Boat Parade this December 19. South Floridians can do two weekends in a row of boat parade festivities from Fort Lauderdale to Boca Raton.
- Daytona Beach Boat Parade – In a few short days (December 5th), boats will be launching just north of the Seabreeze Bridge and proceeding south into the Daytona Marina North Basin and traveling southbound to the Daytona Marina and Boat Works Basin. Viewing areas are accessible (for landlubbers) along the Halifax River and in downtown Daytona near the International Speedway…but of course the best way to get the true boat parade experience: Daytona Beach boat rentals!
- Marina Del Rey Boat Parade – Rain or shine on December 12th, the 52nd annual Marina Del Rey Boat Parade kicks off offering Holiday festivities, decorated boats of all makes and models and a full fireworks display. Thousands come out to see this on-water holiday spectacle and the best vantage point is, undoubtedly, a boat! Boat rentals make this an option to anyone even those who don’t own a boat.Â
- Los Angeles Harbor Boat Parade – The Los Angeles Harbor will come alive with holiday festivities in just a few short days when the 53rd annual boat parade sets sail. December 5th is the big day and this parade is a local favorite with boats of all sizes and makes sprinkling holiday cheer in the Los Angeles waterways. Boat rentals are still up for grabs – the best point of view for any boat parade.
A Whole New Way to Experience a Boat Parade
Private boat rentals are the best way to get the full boat parade experience and now that’s easier than ever. Companies like Boatsetter have created an online community that connects boat owners with amazing boats, experienced and licensed boat captains looking for a flexible career doing what they with those who want to go boating thousands of privately-owned boats worldwide that can be rented with captains so no boating experience is needed. Your captain will navigate the waters while you kick back on your boat rental and enjoy the lights and festivities of the boat parade. If we are in that lucky category, you know, the ones that don’t have hunker down during cold winter months – it’s time to get into the holiday spirit and get out on the water for the boat parade.